9.12.04

Be kind to your dear old Rummy...

It certainly was nice to see Rumsfeld put on the spot in Kuwait yesterday. (for those of you who might have missed it, read about it here) I'm sure he had planned on this being a quick ra ra session, surely none of his minions would challenge him publicly. Instead, some interesting questions were asked. One soldier had the audacity to ask why, nearly 2 years into this conflict, there were still not enough vehicle armor kits to go around. Rumsfeld's response; you go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you'd like to have. Note the emphasis on the word you...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I was also surprised to see my friend Rummy get put on the spot. DO "you" really think the DOD staff didn’t see this coming? I bet that guy was a plant, no not one you water. They like this kind of back and forth, it makes them look commanding? Wait, I think it makes them look stupid, which I guess is nothing new?

Matt, I am enjoying your blog. I really need to give you a link on the old Penyork. I think my readers would enjoy your sense of the world!

December 13, 2004 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Jim, thank you for your kind words, feel free to link to the blog anytime that you'd like...

December 14, 2004 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home