13.4.05

Wake the hell up!

The US House of representatives just passed a very unrepresentative piece of legislation. That's right kids, they passed the repeal of the Estate tax. This tax only effects the wealthiest 2.1% of the population when they die. It doesn't bankrupt their heirs but rather serves to better society by redistributing the wealth of a group of people who no longer need it, the wealthy dead, thus reducing the tax burden on the working living. How could you argue against something like that? Well, I'm glad you asked. First, you need to control the language of the debate, change the word Estate, which almost no one in this country experiences to the word Death, which everyone will experience. Second, and this is the most important part, you need to get your rich supporters elected in the first place. If Joe six-pack realized who he was voting for, he'd never vote for this agenda. Have those champions of the rich clothe themselves in the following rhetoric: Religious, Freedom and just a hint of Racism and you've got it! Note to voters; The Republican party works for the wealthy, not anyone else...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Publican and well-to-do I applaud the repeal. I should not have to pay for tham damed idiot peoples that can’t pay for thems self. I spent my whole live screwing others to make my money. I don’t want anyone to have it, even after I am dead!

April 22, 2005 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home