15.9.05

One heck of a read

I recently finished Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond and I must say this is the best book I've read all year.
Diamond endeavors to explain why human societies developed the way that they did and what has caused certain societies to be dominant over others. At first glance you may think it impossible to cover a topic so vast in 400 pages but Diamond not only covers it, he does it in a lucid and well supported manner. I can't recommend this book highly enough, when you finish reading it you'll have a much better understanding of the human condition. (I won't steal his thunder and list the determining factors that resulted in European domination but sufficed to say it wasn't "race")

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about a little book titled One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue fish by former allegory cartoonist Theodor Seuss Geisel.

September 15, 2005 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home